Old 28-10-2009, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ladybird nuisance

On Oct 28, 4:59*pm, Jennifer Sparkes wrote:
The message
from Pam Moore contains these words:

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 00:20:49 +0100, Rexx wrote:
There's so many ladybirds. Even my nan can't remember anything like we
got this year.

Is it just our house or is everyone getting tons of the orange
ladybirds trying to get indoors? And we live in a very built up area
not in the fields.

In 1976 *we had a severe drought and that summer there was a "plague"
of ladybirds. *I remember taking my Mum out for a walk on the coast
and the air being full of them, and the ground and plants covered.
It was spectacular but not a nuisance, though there was a report of
some of them "biting". *Live and let live.

I was on holiday in Sicily at the end of September and what did
surprise me was the number of ladybirds flying around and
crawling on the rocks at 2000m (6000'+) up Mt Etna.

Jennifer

OT!!! Jenny, we went to Sicily a few years ago with our Grandson,
were you as impressed with the lava formation as I was and did you
feel the heat coming through your shoes, I did!

Judith