Old 28-10-2009, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Chives question

Judith in France wrote:

Talking about rust, my hollyhocks, which are supposed to be rust
resistant got rust this year, too late to treat them now but next year
when they emerge from the roots, I will treat as I was told that they
will be affected again??

Sorry, I don't know. I've noticed that my chives tend to come back the
following year clean of rust even if they die off with it over Winter;
however they seem to get it again after a while. Not sure if the rust
overwinters or if it is a fresh infection due to stress. The baking hot
dry Summer seemed to stress a lot of plants - and it isn't convenient to
water everything.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.