Old 28-10-2009, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme Stephen Wolstenholme is offline

Default OT Mandarin ducks

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 14:57:57 +0000, Sacha wrote:

I'm sort of thinking of giving someone a pair of these as a present.
But I have absolutely no idea how one would go about transporting them
to the Channel Islands. Can that be done, does anyone know?

Years ago I was visiting a friend up in Newcastle upon Tyne. We
collected a pair of Mandarins for his pond from the station. They came
from one of his friends in Sussex. I don't know how long the ducks
were in the box but part of trip was overnight. The ducks were happily
swimming around the pond within a few minutes of being released from
the box. The box had a load of straw and paper for the ducks to
snuggle down. It also had lots of holes in it for ventilation. I don't
know if this is the way ducks should be transported but it seemed to
work OK.

Steve