Old 28-10-2009, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT Mandarin ducks

In message , Sacha
writes
I'm sort of thinking of giving someone a pair of these as a present.
But I have absolutely no idea how one would go about transporting them
to the Channel Islands. Can that be done, does anyone know?

I would expect that a breeder/retailer would know. I don't imagine that
there are any physical difficulties - they probably still ship racing
pigeons all round the country. There might well be legal hurdles - the
DEFRA web site says that veterinary health certificates are required for
some livestock exports to the Channel Islands, and I can imagine that
people might worry about bird flu, and other pathogens.

There's a directory of breeders on the British Waterfowl Association
website.

http://www.waterfowl.org.uk/breeders.html

I also found a waterfowlonline.co.uk, but that only delivers to (if the
web site is up to date) "Scotland, Northern England and Wales".
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley