Old 28-10-2009, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson[_4_] Sally Thompson[_4_] is offline

Default OT Mandarin ducks

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 21:09:23 +0100, Sacha wrote
(in article ):

On 2009-10-28 18:48:30 +0000, Stephen Wolstenholme
said:

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 14:57:57 +0000, Sacha wrote:

I'm sort of thinking of giving someone a pair of these as a present.
But I have absolutely no idea how one would go about transporting them
to the Channel Islands. Can that be done, does anyone know?

Years ago I was visiting a friend up in Newcastle upon Tyne. We
collected a pair of Mandarins for his pond from the station. They came
from one of his friends in Sussex. I don't know how long the ducks
were in the box but part of trip was overnight. The ducks were happily
swimming around the pond within a few minutes of being released from
the box. The box had a load of straw and paper for the ducks to
snuggle down. It also had lots of holes in it for ventilation. I don't
know if this is the way ducks should be transported but it seemed to
work OK.

Steve

Someone living in Scotland (IIRC) used to post here and kept all kinds
of waterfowl. I'm trying to remember her name.... This pond used to
have Mandarins on it years ago and when my ex-fil died, all of them
just disappeared. Very weird.

Jill Bowis from Kintaline Farm? Really knowledgeable and helpful IME.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through uk.rec.gardening