Old 28-10-2009, 08:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default orchid problems

Pam Moore writes
On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 14:55:38 +0100, Pam Moore
wrote:

I have 2 orchids, a Phalaenopsis and a cymbidium which won't
re-flower.

Thanks Bob, Martin, Spider and Jeff for your very helpful advice.
Bob, I only brought my cymbidium indoors last week when frost was
forecast, though I don't think it happened!
Perhaps it will be better back in the bathroom rather than the living
room. Only ambient temp in there most of the time.
I only have east and west-facing windows!

Bob mentioned they need cool nights to initiate flowering, and I read
somewhere that they need a large temperature difference (c 10 deg F) to
initiate flowering - something that is much easier to achieve outdoors.
--
Kay