Old 17-04-2003, 05:32 PM
Oz

Default Education: UK

David G. Bell writes

Coventry University's tests have shown that a "B" grade in "A" level
maths is about the same or worse than an "N" (fail) in 1991.

I'd be very wary of the last paragraph. There's been some major changes
in the A-level system in the last very few years, brought in very
suddenly, compared to the syllabus change I experienced.

I'm fully familiar with current "A" level status.

Whilst further maths is as hard as it ever was, the standard "A" level
is much depleted in scope, and I can believe the statement above.

--
Oz
Note: soon (maybe already) only posts via despammed.com will be accepted.