Old 29-10-2009, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default lavender (pruning)

Spider wrote:
Mmm .. you'd think French lavender would be able to cope with French
weather, wouldn't you?! OTOH, France is somewhat bigger than GB and we
have a varied enough temperature range. Perhaps we're just asking too much
of it.

On the way back from holiday this summer I took the train from Nice to
Paris, and it was really odd watching the landscape slowly morph from
Med-looking up to English-looking the nearer Paris we got. You could
actually see the shape and colour of the flora getting more ... homely
as you watched.