Old 29-10-2009, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default viburnum suckering

In article , Sacha
writes
On 2009-10-27 23:40:57 +0000, Janet Tweedy said:

In article , Sacha
writes
your friend could uproot the entire plant, take it back to where she
bought it and ask for her money back, if it's not too late to do
that.

Wisley!!

Then definitely!

Bit late I think but the suckers came off probably because they WERE too
large and easily broke away from the main plant when pushed down etc.

Lesson learned by me of course that some plants are grafted even when
you don't think they are!

Janet
p.s. Had glorious day at Hopleys yesterday, HALF PRICE sale until
Saturday. ALL plants in sale so amongst 5 of us we must have saved over
150 pounds

Lovely new barn type structure now built there for self service tea
coffee cakes and so on plus books to look up plants and check
information.

They really are making an effort there now and well worth visit for
sale.

Langthorns was a bit disappointing afterwards.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph