Old 29-10-2009, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default pyracantha

Lofty wrote:
Hi All

I have got a pyracantha, which I have had for many years and it is growing
very well, however although it flowers it dosn't seem to get many
berries on it.
Does this plant need any special feeding or care to get lots of berries. I
have seen other peoples with loads on and it makes me wonder if I
am doing some thing wrong.

Maybe the variety? I've got several with berries ranging from yellow,
orange to red. One of the older red varieties doesn't have as many
berries as some of the younger ones. Maybe it's also age related?
The (red) one of mine that doesn't have many berries is relatively old.
I get lots of cuttings off it though; they root fairly easily - ideal
for a cheap hedgerow.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.