Old 29-10-2009, 03:26 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBrown View Post
Would it be possible to seal the base of the trunk with some kind of liquid sealant or plastic wrap so that i could bury the trunk without killing the tree off?
Why do you think burying it deeper would kill it? If it was necessary to waterproof it, I don't think it would work. There are some plants that don't like to be buried any deeper, but I think those are the exception rather than the rule. For example, if it was grafted, as for many fruit trees, it would be important to keep the graft above ground. But tell us what it is, and maybe someone can say definitively yea or nay.