Old 29-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Granity Granity is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
My house is elevated about 4 foot above the level of the road.

There is a wall that allows most of the garden to be level with the house, but there is also a fair section of garden that is on level with the road and effectively excluded from my private garden space.

I was thinking of extending out the wall to reclaim this section of garden but there is an established tree growing on it.

Would it be possible to seal the base of the trunk with some kind of liquid sealant or plastic wrap so that i could bury the trunk without killing the tree off?
Why not dismantle the wall down to ground level, or just above, and have a terrace with steps down?