Old 31-10-2009, 01:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
DEM DEM is offline

Default Watering plants while on holiday

Hi Guys

This is my first time on this forum.

I go away on business about once a month and i am looking for a way of
keeping my house plants hydrated while i am away.

I have found a product online and wondered if anyone had used it before
and if it worked. It's called Holiday Mat and Rainmat supplied by
http://www.plant-watering.com/
They claim it holds 8 pints of water. You lay it on a draining board,
add water to it and place your plants on top.

If you have any thoughts on this or better products, i would be very
grateful

Cheers
Mark

Try using your bathtub. It's capable of holding a low
level of water and because of it's natural shape to flow
to drain, you can put your plants that need the least
watering at one end while the plants that will need water
setting in or near the water line.

Your plants, at a minimun, will have moisture around
them. But like another poster, it depends on how long
you're gone. I wouldn't leave a pot standing in water for
very long....but some can take that.

Donna