Old 31-10-2009, 10:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Alan is offline

Default greenhouse glazing clips, i cant find any correct ones.

In message , gary43
wrote

has option to:" Attach Files
Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip"

And as soon as it leaves Gardenbanter to be read by anyone else all
these attachments are removed by some news servers. The remainder of the
news servers possible discard the post because it has a binary
attachment.

uk.rec.gardening doesn't exist in one place. In common with the rest of
the Usenet the newsgroup exists in parallel on hundreds, and possibly
thousands, of news servers operated by ISPs and other third parties.

These organisations peer with each other to pass the posting on from
their own customers. I'm posting this via a Zen Internet server, who
will pass the message on to their peering partners within a few seconds,
and in turn these partners will pass on the message to their partners.
At some time my message will arrive on the Gardenbanter server.

When you post to Gardenbanter the reverse happens but because
Gardenbanter may not be sending your post in an acceptable format (text
only and without attachments) the down-line servers with either discard
the message or only allow the text only portion through. I suspect many
would just discard the message without passing it on.

Gardenbanter may allow certain formats on it's own server but don't
expect the rest of the world to honour them. Many organisations have
dropped any form of binary newsgroup in the past few years because it
cost too much money and effort to support them.

--
Alan