Old 31-10-2009, 09:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Where did the green cabbage go?

"lloyd" wrote ...
Is it just me or is the white, tasteless, sanitised lump of nothing
they call cabbage in the supermarkets these days really that bad, or
was the green much tastier and better for us?

And where did it disappear?

It hasn't from all supermarkets, and certainly not from allotments.
We have Savoys and Winter Tundra cabbages on the plot atm together with two
varieties of Sprout to extend the season and also some Caulis which should
head up about April. The summer cabbages tend to be sweeter and less strong
tasting that the winter stuff but if you want a nice taste grow some Cavolo
Nero kale, wonderful flavour and the plants look so good they would grace a
flower border.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden