Old 31-10-2009, 10:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mark mark is offline

Default Taking Cuttings

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"mark" wrote

A month or two ago I bought the necessary bits and pieces with a view to
taking cuttings. However due to faffing around I didn't.
Is it too late in the year now? I had in mind fuschia, hydrangea,
pelargoniums and suchlike.

Might be a problem if all you have is an unheated greenhouse. If you have
one that is heated then it's OK but watch the watering especially for the
Pels. I take them about now usually and water them in well then don't
water until I see the plants beginning to wilt, probably a couple of
months or more, by which time they have rooted.
Too much water when it's cold and damp and with low light will bring on
various rots.

Thanks for that Bob.
I'll probably keep them in an unheated room indoors.