Old 01-11-2009, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Landscaping/planting schemes needed.

On 2009-10-31 09:05:15 +0000, "Mike" said:

Hello all, I am bewildered trawling the web looking for ideas, pictures
etc for landscaping a large garden for my boss. Any links to well
organised informative sites would be greatfully recieved preferably UK
Planting schemes ( pics) Hard landscape, screening for privacy, or
anything unusaul. The garden is 5 acres the lawns are all layed but
privacy is a problem being open on all sides with little cover. Thanks
for your time. Mike

As aquachimp has said, the first thing is to sit down with your client
and ask him how he intends to use the garden. Is he going to have a
children's area, does he want a pond with pump for fish, does he want
somewhere for a washing line, does he want to grow fruit or veg, does
he want a flat, paved area facing south wet to get the sun all day and
on which to have space to eat out? You can't possibl plan anything
until he's told you all these things because it's not your garden. My
stepson has done several gardens for customers and the first step is
the 'back of a fag packet' one. For privacy, the planting can be an
interesting mix of trees and shrubs and perhaps some of those trees
could be fruit trees.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com