Old 01-11-2009, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Minchin[_2_] Bob Minchin[_2_] is offline

Default White Powdery 'Fungus' type material in soil

Bookworm wrote:
Just been pulling out some roots of 'Geranium' (Hawkesbill) The ground
is infested with a white powdery substance like the white you get when
you use Mushroom Compost. Can anyone tell me what is is and is it
harmful? The area was very dry.

I'd be interested in the answer to this too.
I came across a lot when preparing some ground for cultivation that was
also quite dry but had only(!)weeds on it for a couple of years.
It will be used for currant bushes various due for delivery this month
so I would like to avoid any potential problems.

Bob