Old 02-11-2009, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Brown Kate Brown is offline

Default Ladybird invasion

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009, Emery Davis wrote
Sacha wrote:
There's an article about it in yesterday's Daily Telegraph. They're
being found in huge numbers but many are the rotten furriners called
Harlequins. It's beginning to sound like a sort of red squirrel v. grey
squirrel thing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wil...it-by-ladybird
-invasion.html

Interesting, we've had many here in Normandy, all Harlequins as far as I
can tell.

-E

Loads here in SELondon too, on fine afternoons there have been positive
clouds of them, and whenever you open a window you find a swarm hiding
in the frame. I don't like them in the house, I don't like these
Harlequins at all, however all would be forgiven if they actually did
what it says on the tin and ate the aphids, but we've had terrible aphid
infestations this year, notably on the rose underneath the favourite
window where they are all hanging out this autumn. Fie, I say, and set
the hoover to max.

--
Kate B

PS 'elvira' is spamtrapped - please reply to 'elviraspam' at cockaigne dot org dot uk if you
want to reply personally