Old 02-11-2009, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Ladybird invasion

On 2009-11-02 13:49:11 +0000, K said:

lloyd writes
On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 14:58:05 +0000, Sacha wrote:

Just like the squirrel thing it's a triggered a warped killing frenzy
of the little blighters. I have about two dozen in my house of both
species and most just huddled away in a corner not causing anyone any
harm. I'm happy to have them. It's a sad day when someone see's
something beautiful and just has to kill it first and then make up
excuses for it afterwards.

I can see the logic for that. And I agree absolutely about not getting
out the insecticide at the first sight of something unknown around your
plants.

But what when something beautiful, but common and not native, is
causing the demise of something else beautiful and native, and maybe
not so common? Not talking specifics here, just principles.

I didn't write any of the above!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com