Old 02-11-2009, 04:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Growing yams in England?

In article ,
says...

My wife is Brazilian, and she is craving yams. Cannot buy them anywhere
(can order online but costs stupid money).

Has anyone here successfully grown them in England? If so, how?

--
jonbey

Its possible to grow most of the yams in the UK but only as annuals and
you would be hard pressed to get a crop, but as my local Tesco's has them
year round why bother?
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk