Old 02-11-2009, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Is is possible to waterproof the base of a tree?

In article ,
says...

Hi, thanks for the replies.

I read that if you bury a tree above it's natural base that the water
would eventually damage the trunk and it would die.

The steps idea is a possiblity, but if i made it private it would look
a bit like a pit with step down to it because it isn't a huge chunk of
land, but a fair chunk of my garden on the whole.

--
MrsBrown

You can cut Holly back as hard as you like, it makes a great hedging
plant.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk