Old 02-11-2009, 11:23 PM
beccabunga beccabunga is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollie38 View Post
Hi

We have just taken down 7 conifers which was a nightmare trying to get the stumps out, and had a new fence erected the fence is 21 feet long I want something that will grow about 8 feet in height but nothing that comes out to bushy . With the ground being so dry I have treated the soil first with a bonemeal from the garden centre and then put down several bags of multi purpose compost it is not too bad now as we have had quite a bit of rain so the soil is quite soft I was worried with the conifers taking all the goodness out of the soil that nothing that I planted on the patio seemed to grow so would be grateful of some ideas.

Many thanks
Mollie
You tell us the fence is 21 feet long, but not how wide the border is into which you want to plant your new shrubs. Nor what aspect it has.