Old 02-11-2009, 11:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Busy Lizzie pot plant

I've had outdoor busy lizzies for a few years, where I buy them as plug
plants each spring then throw them away when they're spent in the autumn
(round about now, in fact!)

But this year someone bought me a 'thank you' indoor busy lizzie plant.
It was a beautiful thing, bright pink, lovely long dark green leaves,
but very susceptible to under watering, and 4 or 5 times I left it a
couple of days to find it flopping all over the place, gasping for a
drink.

Question is - it's looking very unhappy now (I moved it to the south
facing kitchen window where I would remember to water it more often,
but it seems to have picked up some infestation of teensy little crawley
white mite things that are leaving a cobwebby gunk on the leaves), I'm
wondering if it should be expected to last indefinitely, or if it's a
throw away plant like the outdoor varieties are?