Old 03-11-2009, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Ping Sheila - Agapanthus seedlings

On 2009-11-03 17:11:29 +0000, "Spider" said:

Hi Sheila,

How are you intending to over-winter your agapanthus seedlings? Bring them
under cover or just keep them in a sheltered place outside? I can't
remember if you said the parent plant was hardy or not; perhaps you didn't
know.

snip

Incidentally, I've got an Agapanthus africanus in my front garden which has
put up a new stem and blue flower bud. It may open tomorrow if we get the
promised good weather. This species is not considered to be at all hardy so
I certainly didn't expect flowers in November! I'll be watching the weather
forecasts in case I need to bring it inside.

Spider

Our evergreen Ags looked appallingly limp, sad and mushy after last
winter but all have survived and a couple actually flowered. I hope
you'll photograph yours and mark the date on the photo when it blooms.
That would be a terrific record of a mild autumn - assuming it's still
mild with you. It's much colder here now.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com