Old 04-11-2009, 12:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
OG OG is offline

Default After a common name

"Jess N" wrote in message

Hello! First post!

After ages of looking through lists and lists I've figured out which
plant it was I was trying to Identify but I'm really bad at remembering
latins so I was wondering if any of you know the common name for
Sisyrinchium striatum?
Or any other name they have for it just to help me remember it!

In future hopefully I'll be able to afford a digital camera and you lot
can help me identify things a lot easier!

Gratefully

Jess

http://www.californiagardens.com/Pla...m_striatum.htm
claims "Rush Lily"

but then it also claims "Satin Flower", but that has several other species
sharing the same name - which is why the botanical name is worth learning