Old 04-11-2009, 01:05 PM
mollie38 mollie38 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Layman[_2_] View Post
mollie38 wrote:
Hi

We have just taken down 7 conifers which was a nightmare trying to get
the stumps out, and had a new fence erected the fence is 21 feet long I
want something that will grow about 8 feet in height but nothing that
comes out to bushy . With the ground being so dry I have treated the
soil first with a bonemeal from the garden centre and then put down
several bags of multi purpose compost it is not too bad now as we have
had quite a bit of rain so the soil is quite soft I was worried with
the conifers taking all the goodness out of the soil that nothing that
I planted on the patio seemed to grow so would be grateful of some
ideas.

Many thanks
Mollie

I assume you want evergreen cover.

In which direction does the fence face?

Instead of shrubs, would you be happy to put wires on the fence for
climbers?

Do you want to avoid plants with thorns?

--
Jeff
Hi

Sorry I took a while in replying only my pc has been of or a few days the garden n question is on the patio area and it is raised