Old 04-11-2009, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default After a common name

On 2009-11-04 00:49:38 +0000, beccabunga
said:

Jess N;868569 Wrote:
Hello! First post!

After ages of looking through lists and lists I've figured out which
plant it was I was trying to Identify but I'm really bad at remembering
latins so I was wondering if any of you know the common name for
Sisyrinchium striatum?
Or any other name they have for it just to help me remember it!

In future hopefully I'll be able to afford a digital camera and you lot
can help me identify things a lot easier!

Gratefully

Jess

Sometimes called "pale yellow eyed grass" in the US. I find it easier
to call it the large Sisyrinchium.

If people learn the proper names they can discuss plants with anyone,
anywhere in the world. But if I try to discuss a mimosa with people in
some parts of USA, we'd be talking aout two entirely different things.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com