Old 05-11-2009, 04:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Snake's Head Fritillaries

"Jess N" wrote

Hi Everyone,

I ordered a large amount of Snake's Head Fritillary bulbs back in April
because there was a deal on. No specific delivery date or month was
given just that they would arrive in good time for planting.
I thought that that 'good time' was about Oct-Now. Obviously they
haven't arrived or I wouldn't be writing about it!

When is the best time/way to plant these bulbs?

Company ordered from was Thompson & Morgan. Not used them before but
definitely heard of them, assumed they were reputable.

Grateful for any advice/tips.

Used them for years and normally an OK firm to deal with but I have had one
occasion to moan about late delivery, sweet potato slips delivered so late
it made any chance of a crop doubtful.
Grew my own slips the following year from the bits I did get and still no
crop! Gave up with Sweet Potato outside in the UK.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden