Old 06-11-2009, 10:44 AM
Roy Slater Roy Slater is offline
Registered User

Location: Yorkshire
Thumbs up

Hi
Problem could a mixture of things.... Adult Vine Weevil (the holes/notches in the leaves) though as stated below, it's the weevil larvae that are the worst pest, they loooove potted plants! The tiny flies might be a red herring (sorry!) could be sciarid/fungus gnat.... more a problem for seedlings than 'fully grown' plants. I've had a huge problem with whitefly this year both inside and out!
Anyhow, suggest you visit one of the garden pest control sites - for example www.buzzorganics.co.uk - for more information. These days there are lots and lots of them around with many potential solutions for you to use (beneficial bugs or 'green'/environmentally safe solutions)!
Keep smiling and more to the point don't give up you can win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by commando View Post
Hello all

I have recently noticed that my new potted rosemary/bay/goji berries are infested with absolutly loads of these little fly like things. They scurry around the soil but also fly I cant seem to identify them except for the fact that there small live in soil and have crossed wings they just look like flies to me.

Does anybody know how to get ride of them because there eating my bay tree and only I am allowed to eat my bay tree.