Old 06-11-2009, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Titchmarsh comeback?

On 2009-11-06 11:07:21 +0000, Judith in France
said:

On Nov 6, 10:31*am, K wrote:
Sacha writes

The BBC is 'in talks' with Alan Titchmarsh in the hope that he will
return to front Gardener's World. *This follows scores of complaints
about the current lacklustre presentation and lack of genuine gardening
tips and advice. *I hope it materialises. *I think he's a really goo
presenter and he does know his gardening. *I know I've said it before
but he does have that rare and valuable gift of making everyone feel as
if he's talking to them personally.

I find him immensely irritating, and his jokey style and 'confidential'
asides patronising. But if he does go back to Gardeners World (which I
don't watch), maybe we'll see less of him elsewhere :-)

--
Kay

I have to admit he also irritates me, he is so over exposed and I see
him popping up all over the place as an expert on just about
everything, mind you we have a few on group, from time to time, who
think they know it all :-)

Judith

I don't think he can be blamed for being good at several things and
popular! You have to make a living when you can! But I have to admit,
also, that we haven't seen him much doing anything else, so haven't
suffered 'Titchmarsh fatigue'!

He has an afternoon chat show, which you have managed to avoid.

We so rarely watch daytime tv, other than weather forecasts which often
turns into Ray having a crafty toews-up for 20 minutes or so! I always
feel a lot guilty if I watch tv during the day unless I'm ill and
allowed to be sorry for myself!
--
Sacha