Old 06-11-2009, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Titchmarsh comeback?

On 2009-11-06 14:35:13 +0000, Judith in France

On 2009-11-06 11:07:21 +0000, Judith in France
said:

On Nov 6, 10:31*am, K wrote:
Sacha writes

The BBC is 'in talks' with Alan Titchmarsh in the hope that he will
return to front Gardener's World. *This follows scores of complaint

about the current lacklustre presentation and lack of genuine gardeni

ng
tips and advice. *I hope it materialises. *I think he's a really

goo
presenter and he does know his gardening. *I know I've said it befo

re
but he does have that rare and valuable gift of making everyone feel

as
if he's talking to them personally.

I find him immensely irritating, and his jokey style and 'confidential

'
asides patronising. But if he does go back to Gardeners World (which I
don't watch), maybe we'll see less of him elsewhere :-)

--
Kay

I have to admit he also irritates me, he is so over exposed and I see
him popping up all over the place as an expert on just about
everything, mind you we have a few on group, from time to time, who
think they know it all :-)

Judith

I don't think he can be blamed for being good at several things and
popular! *You have to make a living when you can! *But I have to admi

t,
also, that we haven't seen him much doing anything else, so haven't
suffered 'Titchmarsh fatigue'!
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.

He reminds me of a certain poster, I won't say which group as I'm sure
you will get the connection :-) It's his always having an answer for
everything, now who does this remind you of? No, don't say it :-)

Judith

Not I. I'd rather we kept it nice and peaceful.