Old 06-11-2009, 04:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_2_] Spider[_2_] is offline

Default Ping Sheila - Agapanthus seedlings

"Sheila" wrote in message
. ..

"Spider" wrote in message
Like many things, generosity is wonderful in moderation :~).

Now I have to re-pot my remaining ones, I am glad I was generous.....!!!
An excuse for another mini-greenhouse?

So am I! :~)
Sheila, I'm so sorry I didn't comment on your repotting question last time I
replied:~( I don't know what I was thinking of. Thank goodness Sacha
leapt in to the breach. Given how much root was extending from the bottom
of your pots, I would certainly have advised you to pot them on. It looked
like the roots were about the walk round the garden looking for a new home
(can you tell I'm jealous? :~)) on their own. I have looked at all my
plants today and several of them are just starting to show roots at the
bottom. Not enough, though, that I feel the need to pot them on. I shall
give them all some protection over winter, then look at potting them on when
day-length increases, probably after the clocks change again at the end of
March.

As to another mini-greenhouse ... I don't know ... there are times I wish I
had a 'proper' greenhouse, but the mini was expensive enough. On top of
that, I desperately need a shed for all the hundreds of things lurking
around the garden which need a tidy home. One day ...

Spider