Old 06-11-2009, 05:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
rupert rupert is offline

Default Snake's Head Fritillaries

"Jess N" wrote in message

Hi Everyone,

I ordered a large amount of Snake's Head Fritillary bulbs back in April
because there was a deal on. No specific delivery date or month was
given just that they would arrive in good time for planting.
I thought that that 'good time' was about Oct-Now. Obviously they
haven't arrived or I wouldn't be writing about it!

When is the best time/way to plant these bulbs?

Company ordered from was Thompson & Morgan. Not used them before but
definitely heard of them, assumed they were reputable.

Grateful for any advice/tips.

Jess

Well T&M were around many moons ago and were one of only a few nurseries
that offered mail order and I guess they are still reputable.
Those bulbs should have been with you by now -so summats wrong. Noticed that
their website says delivery by End of September for Fritillaria meleagris
Mixed (Snake's Head). If you do get the bulbs there is still time to plant
them to ensure flowering next spring.