Old 06-11-2009, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
rupert rupert is offline

Default After a common name

"Jess N" wrote in message

Thanks evryone!

I promise I'll remember the latin I just need a other name to say only
to myself in my head so I know what I'm talking about!

I wish I had had latin lessons when I was in school. Quite alot of the
names are descriptive but the only ones that make any sense to me and
ones like alba and niger etc..

I'll pick it up one day, got ages!

Thanks again.

Jess N

Must admit it is not the easiest habit to adopt if you are surrounded by
people who use the common/trivial names for plants. Don't bother about
Foxgloves and Hollyhocks where the majority of even the best Haughty
cultureless use those names:-)