Old 07-11-2009, 08:25 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
sherwin dubren sherwin dubren is offline

Default Home Depot trees

julie wrote:
Hi there,

For the first time in my life I am buying trees, specifically fruit
and probably citrus.

Is Home Depot any good for this? There are a number of terrific
nurseries around here but it is a matter of time not money, if there
is even a difference. I am not sure. I was kind of caught by surprise
here.

What do you all say?

Take care,
Julie in SFBA

You better know what you are doing because the staff at these big
box stores are less than usefel.

In Menards today, the clerk told me that most peach trees need another
polinator, whereas apples are mostly self fertile. She got things
backwards.

She also mentioned that apples could be pollinated by pears, plums,
etc. She better go back to fruit trees 101 before she gives out
false information like that.

Sherwin