Old 07-11-2009, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Snake's Head Fritillaries

In article ,
says...

Hi Everyone,

I ordered a large amount of Snake's Head Fritillary bulbs back in April
because there was a deal on. No specific delivery date or month was
given just that they would arrive in good time for planting.
I thought that that 'good time' was about Oct-Now. Obviously they
haven't arrived or I wouldn't be writing about it!

When is the best time/way to plant these bulbs?

Company ordered from was Thompson & Morgan. Not used them before but
definitely heard of them, assumed they were reputable.

Grateful for any advice/tips.

Jess

--
Jess N

Don't plant them straight out (even if they had come back in september)
put them in pots and keep cool and just moist, when you see growth in the
spring plant them as pot fulls
NB protect pots from mice and voles)
effectively these are best planted in the green, the corms are cheap but
subject to a high loss rate
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk