Old 07-11-2009, 09:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Lol[_5_] Lol[_5_] is offline

Default New allotment

Well actually it looks more like a bit of field that hasn't been cultivated
for years.
4 poles (100 m2), all covered in couch grass.
So far we have dismantled a couple of pallets and made a compost bin, but
probably can't compost couch grass enough to kill it.
Mares tail is also present in the area, so seeds are probably around waiting
for anyone to expose some bare soil.

Cover the lot in plastic and leave it for a year??? (Are we allowed to do
that??).

Potentially a lot of work here, important that any effort is most
efficiently targeted.

So please advise and suggest plans of action!

Many thanks

Lol