Old 08-11-2009, 12:20 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Fall with power

1st cold (as in sick) of fall hit me this last week. One of the kids
probably brought it in as many of them were out sick. I could only take a
day since we're down by 1 para-aide with a sub fill-in. Then Friday our
teacher had sub... and our social worker para had to give a presentation
that the Sped department wouldn't let her out of. So there I was, hardly
any voice, with a sub-para and a sub teacher... and so glad the sick kids
stayed home. By afternoon we only had 4 of the possible 9-10.

Pond-wise, pretty much done, will do water changes as time and temperatures
allow as winter progresses. All fish duties will be inside, 3 tanks had
water changes today. I'm still waiting on the weather to completely frost
off the cannas before I bring them in. That might happen next weekend. Also
need to put winter fertilizer down on the lawn, perhaps Wednesday, the
holiday for vet's.

Btw, you all probably have heard of the tragedy at Ft. Hood? That is where
my middle son is stationed. I sent him an IM saying that was one day I
could honestly say I was glad he was in Iraq. :'-( My heart goes out to
those families, one just does not expect to lose them on home soil, unless
by an accident that we all could succumb to. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us