Old 08-11-2009, 12:27 PM
spes123 spes123 is offline
Registered User

Unhappy Bad potato crop

Due to a severe bad back during the summer and early autumn I have TODAY harvested all of my potatoes and it was not a very pretty sight. I may have enough potatoes for one meal for one person. Every single tuber was full of holes and eaten away inside leaving just the skin. Inside the tubers I found short 1.5 - 2cm black slugs and also two different coloured worms. Any suggestions as to the best way to dispose of these infected tubers would be appreciated, I don't want to put them on the compost nor do I want to leave them on the ground.