Old 08-11-2009, 12:56 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
ReelMcKoi ReelMcKoi is offline

Default Fall with power

"~ jan" wrote in message
1st cold (as in sick) of fall hit me this last week. One of the kids
probably brought it in as many of them were out sick. I could only take

day since we're down by 1 para-aide with a sub fill-in. Then Friday our
teacher had sub... and our social worker para had to give a presentatio

that the Sped department wouldn't let her out of. So there I was, hardl

any voice, with a sub-para and a sub teacher... and so glad the sick ki

ds
stayed home. By afternoon we only had 4 of the possible 9-10.

Maybe you should have stayed home also. Getting the flu on top of a cold

could really wipe someone out.

Pond-wise, pretty much done, will do water changes as time and
temperatures
allow as winter progresses. All fish duties will be inside, 3 tanks had
water changes today. I'm still waiting on the weather to completely fro

st
off the cannas before I bring them in. That might happen next weekend.
Also
need to put winter fertilizer down on the lawn, perhaps Wednesday, the
holiday for vet's.

With no fish being fed, my ponds stayed crystal clear but there's still m
ulm
forming on the bottom. Once all the trees have dropped their leaves I'll
try
and net out as many as possible. I leave the Cannas out, planted in the
ground against a fence with a southern exposure. Indoors they're red
spidermite magnets. I brought some water lettuce into the greenhouse las
week. We stil haven't had a frost here yet. We almost always have frost
before the end of Oct.

Btw, you all probably have heard of the tragedy at Ft. Hood? That is wh

ere
my middle son is stationed. I sent him an IM saying that was one day I
could honestly say I was glad he was in Iraq. :'-(

You lost me... is he at Ft Hood now, or in Iraq? Yes, it was a horrible
tragedy. :*(

My heart goes out to
those families, one just does not expect to lose them on home soil, unl

ess
by an accident that we all could succumb to. ~ jan

This is so true. I was shocked when I heard it on the news.

--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.