Old 08-11-2009, 05:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Bad potato crop

In article ,
spes123 wrote:

Due to a severe bad back during the summer and early autumn I have TODAY
harvested all of my potatoes and it was not a very pretty sight. I may
have enough potatoes for one meal for one person. Every single tuber
was full of holes and eaten away inside leaving just the skin. Inside
the tubers I found short 1.5 - 2cm black slugs and also two different
coloured worms. Any suggestions as to the best way to dispose of these
infected tubers would be appreciated, I don't want to put them on the
compost nor do I want to leave them on the ground.

Seriously, I'd burn them.

What kind of media were your potatoes growing in?
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe: