Old 08-11-2009, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default New allotment

"Lol" wrote

(Huge snip)

Will certainly investigate Glysophate, but without much enthusiasm. Had a
chance to look closely today, and not all of that grass is couch, I think
its mainly rye with clumps of couch.

We too didn't like the idea of using weedkiller when we got an overgrown
plot years ago that hadn't been used for 20 years or more. But experience
told us it was the only way we could deal with the perennial weeds. Two
sprays a month apart and it was done.
Being surrounded by similar wild land it was a constant battle with couch
and mares tail trying to get to the nice fertile soil we developed.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden