Old 09-11-2009, 03:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Darrell Ulm Darrell Ulm is offline

Default Bad potato crop

On Nov 8, 7:27*am, spes123 wrote:
Due to a severe bad back during the summer and early autumn I have TODAY
harvested all of my potatoes and it was not a very pretty sight. *I may
have enough potatoes for one meal for one person. *Every single tuber
was full of holes and eaten away inside leaving just the skin. *Inside
the tubers I found short 1.5 - 2cm black slugs and also two different
coloured worms. *Any suggestions as to the best way to dispose of these
infected tubers would be appreciated, I don't want to put them on the
compost nor do I want to leave them on the ground.

--
spes123

That is tough luck. We had a few of these, and some were eaten
completely from the inside. What is a good deterrent?

Darrell Ulm