Old 08-11-2009, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_2_] Spider[_2_] is offline

Default My new cloches

"Lol" wrote in message
. ..

"Spider" wrote in message
I don't know if anyone else is drowning in those clear plastic tubs that
come filled with bird food, but I've discovered they make great free
cloches for protecting plants. I'm so glad I didn't try and cram them in
my recycling box! :~) Smug, or what?!

Spider

1. container for tennis balls
2. sand/cement mix for pointing patio kept dry
3. 50,000 other uses if only I had more of them.

the supply stopped when we realized the fat balls remnants were polluting
our wildlife pond - now feed only sunflower hearts from a pigeon &
squirrel proof bird table (inside a gambion basket).

Lol (also pretty smug)

:~) They're great, aren't they?! You've given me an idea: I might have to
let RG (hubby) have one for his cement ... but not if it means losing a
plant in the frosts:~)

Spider