Old 09-11-2009, 02:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] chrisj.doran@proemail.co.uk is offline

Default My new cloches

On 8 Nov, 19:28, "Spider" wrote:
I don't know if anyone else is drowning in those clear plastic tubs that
come filled with bird food, but I've discovered they make great free cloches
for protecting plants. *I'm so glad I didn't try and cram them in my
recycling box! *:~) *Smug, or what?!

Spider

I use soft drinks bottles with the bottoms cut off. Flat bottoms can
be used as saucers for small pots. I make pots themselves by cutting
1/3 up and boring holes in the bottoms. I wonder if the binmen puzzle
over why they only get partial bottles! The plastic goes brittle after
a few years in the sun, but there's a continuous supply.

Chris