Old 09-11-2009, 11:10 AM
mollie38 mollie38 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobharvey View Post
On 2 Nov, 17:11, mollie38 wrote:
Hi

We have just taken down 7 conifers which was a nightmare trying to get
the stumps out, and had a new fence erected the fence is 21 feet long I
want something that will grow about 8 feet in height but nothing that
comes out to *bushy .

I had a long boarded fence, and strung it with wires, up which
cotoneaster and honeysuckle grew. Both were fairly trouble-free,
although I periodically cut the top off the honeysuckle.

You might also consider espallier fruit trees, depending on aspect.
They are a bit more work but provide food.

There are two houses up our street with grape vines against fences.
Our milder winters mean they have done far better than I expected.
Hi

Many thanks to all who have replied it has given me some ideas.

Spider I have tried to find your reply that you posted but couldn't find it you will have to forgive me if I posted my pics in the wrong place I was that surprised I even managed to upload them at all. I am just off to the garden centre now to have a look at some of the plants and shrubs mentioned.

Regards
mary