Old 09-11-2009, 12:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Gary Woods Gary Woods is offline

Default Garlic "seeds"

Darrell Ulm wrote:

This clears this up. We have garlic everywhere but most are the single
small bulbs. I assume the multi-bulbs require more space? How does one
grow the large variety?

Shameless self-promotion: My personal web page, in the .sig below, has the
basics.
Garlic is a heavy feeder and a lousy competitor, so give it your best soil,
richest compost, and even if everything else goes to wrack and ruin, keep
it well weeded, and if it's dry, watered.
I grow mine in a 4' wide bed 6 inches each way (8 inches for a couple of
large varieties).

Hope this helps,