Old 10-11-2009, 01:44 AM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Home Depot trees

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 16:27:00 -0800 (PST), sueb
wrote:

On Nov 3, 4:03*pm, julie wrote:
On Oct 31, 10:15*am, Patty Winter wrote:

In article ,
Patty Winter wrote:

In article ,
Karen wrote:
On Oct 8, 1:56 pm, "Thos" wrote:
I don't know about the SFBA, but the Home Depot's around the Dallas, Tx area
only sell fruit trees in the spring.

I thought that fall was the best time to plant trees? The fruit trees
are hitting Orchard Supply now, too.

Whoops, sorry, hit the "send" key too soon.

I was going to say that we here in the Bay Area have a different
sense of planting seasons than people in many other parts of the
country. :-) I, too, am getting ready to do some planting--just
as my friends in Michigan are putting away their garden tools
for the next few months.

Patty

Thanks, everyone, for all your helpful advice. I took it all to heart
as we searched for trees to plant. Look for new post on what we ended
up with.
Thanks again,
Julie in SFBA- Hide quoted text -

Find a local nursery who can advise you on what varieties grow best in
your particular microclimate.

But...most importantly, if you are planting stone fruit - WAIT. Bare
root season is right around the corner and you can get trees much
cheaper then.

Cheaper... cheaper than what???

For the typical homeowner planting like a half dozen fruit trees at
the most, who GAF about saving like *maybe* two bucks on a $17 tree...
I mean it's not like peaches and plums is some kinda rare and pricey
trees.