Old 17-04-2003, 07:56 PM
Sibel D. Unalmis

Default Help Banana Tree

The green in the middle you see is the new growth. Mines are about a foot
long now.

I cut my banana trees early March, depending on how the winter is going on.
This way they survive the freeze without being covered.

The first year spring came earlier. I noticed they were already growing
inside and I cut the tip of the new growth too but no harm were done.

I cut them very close to ground. Then they grow back again. The remainings
from last year gets watery. Even the trunks I cut are watery too.

Only I wish they make banana.

"Michael Light" wrote in message
I purchased a banana tree this last summer. LOVED IT. Husbands Grandma

said
cut off below the leaves and wrap to protect Through winter. I did this.

Now
I have a brown stalk. as I dig down into it I notice it is watery and has

green to it in there. What do I do right now? Is it dead...I would think

Id
start seeing some growth by now but Im not. Im watering it just incase its
alive. Is this normal to see it in this condition or is it a lost cause??
Thanks for your time. I need all the help I can get.